Last 3 posts have had nigh on identical theme! Must stop promising and actually do!
To post everyday in November – I’ve just been busy. Old story I hear you say! I do actually have a lot to update but it’ll have to save for another day!
So, I’ve missed a few. Actually, there is good reason for that! I am coo big with the stress. I am sticking to my schedule (no work after 8, no workmon Sundays and it seems to be working well.
This does not mean to say I am stressfree. I am currently worrying about my next round of bloods that need taking – I’m hoping my levels have improved. I know I’ve been naughty just recently and need to get back on it. I don’t know if I have come to accept the situation but I really shouldn’t. I think I am still in the ‘serves you right, you don’t deserve better, bracket.
I’ve also been immersed bunny story writing. I am up to 7 published chapters of The Hardest Lesson on Archive of our own and I have the whole story arch mapped out. I am excited to see the story come together.
What does Christmas ready look like in your house? I have a very definite idea of what I want Christmas to look and feel like which kind of harks back to the Pinterest world I wrote about here.
Anyhow – here is my Christmas ready list:
1. The garden is tidy – toys tidied away, plants cut back and leaves swept.
2. Kitchen – all cupboards cleared of expired products, cupboard shelves washed, appliance doors cleaned, oven cleaned, Baking cupboard and cupboard under the sink blitzed. Water bottles, plastic plates and top shelf of plate cupboard blitzed – throw away old children’s plates and replace. All surfaces cleaned and floor washed (base boards removed so as to get ‘right in’) Tops of cupboards tidied.
3. Shoe cupboard cleaned – old coats removed, bags condensed.
4. Living room – floor under sofa, table and TV completely cleaned. Wires sorted behind the TV. Ottaman decluttered and everything on top put away. Boxes stored under dining table, nothing stored permanently on top except laptop .
5. Girls room – broken toys removed, spare soft toys put in loft, lidded containers/ jars for Lego and shopkins, unused toys put in loft, sort through clothing and bag up clothing that is spoilt/ doesn’t fit.
6. T’s room – broken toys removed, spare soft toys put in loft, lidded containers/jars for Lego and shopkins, unused toys put in loft, sort through clothing and bag up clothing that is spoilt/ doesn’t fit.
7. Our room – clean under the bed, boxes under bed taken out so I can sort through, clean top shelf of the wardrobe and organise
8. Bathroom – products condensed.
9. Ceilings, light fittings hoovered, floors swept / hoovered, woodwork washed down (skirting, dado, door trim doors, banister), windows washed, fire place dusted).
I would love it if you’d read my first three chapters of my fan fiction:
I am writing this for my own benefit, but obviously it would be great if someone else enjoyed it too!
I have really gotten into my story and I think it is a great tale. I have one or two plot parts to iron out but, on the whole, I know where the story is going.
I am hoping I’ll be able to start publishing parts tomorrow. I have signed up to archive of our own but the process of joining is slow and it is a case of waiting.
I have begin writing in earnest, and I am really enjoying it. It is definitely something for my own amusement rather than something that I shall take with great seriousness. I have been thinking though – is first or third person better? Third person is the most natural of choices for story writing, in my opinion, however I feel that a lot of fan fiction is based in fantasy and as part of that, readers like to place themselves in the story. Perhaps the first person helps with this?
Anyhow – here are the opening two paragraphs, firstly in the third person and then the first. Which is best?
Folding the letting advert back up and sliding it into her coat pocket, Sally sat down into the back of the black cab. She could have made the journey by tube; however, despite only having a small suitcase, the idea of having to traipse down to Euston Square station seemed like too much effort; as did the bus which, according to TripAdvisor, seemed to be the most efficient method. There would be plenty of time to get acquainted with the bus network but today wasn’t a good day on which to start.
Sally peered through the window, wiping a small peephole into the condensation with the palm of her left hand. The weather outside was gloomy to say the least; heavy drizzle and a coldness that she had thought she was escaping.
Folding the letting advert back up and sliding it into my coat pocket, I sat down into the back of the black cab. I could have made the journey by tube; however, despite only having a small suitcase, the idea of having to traipse down to Euston Square station seemed like too much effort; as did the bus which, according to TripAdvisor, seemed to be the most efficient method. There would be plenty of time to get acquainted with the bus network but today wasn’t a good day on which to start.
I peered through the window, wiping a small peephole into the condensation with the palm of my left hand. The weather outside was gloomy to say the least; heavy drizzle and a coldness that I had thought I was escaping.
Perhaps there isn’t enough there to form an opinion.
So, I have been considering entering into the world of writing Fan Fiction. The reason for this is, it is a long time in the life of a Sherlockian to be waiting for the next series. I have been looking as some examples of fan fiction and have found that I could probably do a better job in terms of story telling and the grammar associated with it. I am just not sure I could come up with a good plot.
I have written stories before and have a fantastic imagination when I dream. I just need to combine the ideas!
What are current views towards fan faction?
Sometimes, the smallest of things can bring the biggest smile.
How funny that, when I was a child, I used to fight going to bed. I wanted to stay up late. Now, as an adult of more mature years shall we say, I find myself longing for bed.
There is nothing more satisfying that slipping between clean, crisp, cold bed sheets! Tonight I find myself in bed before 9pm. I feel old!