What does Christmas ready look like in your house? I have a very definite idea of what I want Christmas to look and feel like which kind of harks back to the Pinterest world I wrote about here.
Anyhow – here is my Christmas ready list:
1. The garden is tidy – toys tidied away, plants cut back and leaves swept.
2. Kitchen – all cupboards cleared of expired products, cupboard shelves washed, appliance doors cleaned, oven cleaned, Baking cupboard and cupboard under the sink blitzed. Water bottles, plastic plates and top shelf of plate cupboard blitzed – throw away old children’s plates and replace. All surfaces cleaned and floor washed (base boards removed so as to get ‘right in’) Tops of cupboards tidied.
3. Shoe cupboard cleaned – old coats removed, bags condensed.
4. Living room – floor under sofa, table and TV completely cleaned. Wires sorted behind the TV. Ottaman decluttered and everything on top put away. Boxes stored under dining table, nothing stored permanently on top except laptop .
5. Girls room – broken toys removed, spare soft toys put in loft, lidded containers/ jars for Lego and shopkins, unused toys put in loft, sort through clothing and bag up clothing that is spoilt/ doesn’t fit.
6. T’s room – broken toys removed, spare soft toys put in loft, lidded containers/jars for Lego and shopkins, unused toys put in loft, sort through clothing and bag up clothing that is spoilt/ doesn’t fit.
7. Our room – clean under the bed, boxes under bed taken out so I can sort through, clean top shelf of the wardrobe and organise
8. Bathroom – products condensed.
9. Ceilings, light fittings hoovered, floors swept / hoovered, woodwork washed down (skirting, dado, door trim doors, banister), windows washed, fire place dusted).